Having made my 6 exposures I was keen to get back to work on the Monday so I could develop my paper positives and see what my camera had captured.
Excitement turned to puzzlement when all of my positives proved fruitless. Loading up my plate holders again with the positive paper I decided to make my way to the harbour. This time I made six exposures of the same composition but at different times. Surely one of these would work, but again no.
My dad in his spare time rebuilds classic motorcycles and cars. When something is not working his advice is to start with the simplest fix first. For example, car not starting then replace spark plugs. Applying his advice to my camera problem I decided to replace the positive paper with Ilford RC Multigrade, ISO again being 3. This time however I loaded only one of the plates and made the exposure in one of art studios.
Nervous and unsure if I would get an image I was ecstatic when not only did I get an image but it was clear and the exposure correct. Dads advice had worked and I was on track again.