With the frustrating results of the surface of my plasters it was time to reconsider my mould and work out how to improve on the design.
When I have made one off plaster tiles before I had cut the shape I wished to cast into foam board and glued it onto a perspex sheet. Although the foam board only lasted the one cast this suited my present needs. The resulting plaster cast tile had been smooth and flawless because of the perspex layer.
The answer then was to make a wall of vinamold and place it on to a plate glass surface for casting.
Some clay walls later and melting pot back in hand......................now the casting production line can begin again.